Wyliodrin #3

Hello, everyone! :)

My RSoC experience at Wyliodrin is getting better every day. We just walked into the last month of the school program and I am glad to share with you my recently hot accomplishments.

In the last post I have told you how I took care about the Analog I/O part, what technologies I used and the difficulties that popped up.

Since then, first of all I had to do some code refactoring and redesigned the table that keeps information about the pins on udoo. I tested again all features available until that moment, too.

Secondly, I focused on the Servo part. Servo allows the users to control their servomotors. Due to the special architecture present on udoo with two processors, an Arduino-compatible one and an iMx6, the existent Servo library on libwyliodrin is not compatible and I used firmata protocol again to make Servo work. I implemented two functions, servo_attach() and servo_write().

Also, I took care of the I2C serial computer bus and coded all the functions that will allow data to be sent and received using i2c.

You can follow my entire work on Github.

Stay tunned for my next post!

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>