Hello, my name is Veaceslav Munteanu and I’m working for WHC IDE project. Our main goal is to create a reliable IDE that will help programmers to code in OpenCL and run their projects over network with WHC Application. We use QT to develop it.
First week was a little bit hard for me and I didn’t code too much because was unable to compile project on both Linux and Windows. One of four main requirements is to validate IDE on both operating systems and without it I couldn’t proceed any further.
Another problem was that graphic interface was done with Qt proprietary designed that stores information in a specific .ui file. It wasn’t a big problem, but it constraints you to use only QtCreator.
After all, at the beginning i was able to compile project only with cmake under Linux.
- Fixed .PRO file, so the project can be compiled and run with QtCreator under Linux
- Fixed compilation error under Windows 7 using QtCreator
- Fixed compilation warnings when building with QtCreator
- New Project Dialog added to IDE and it can create an empty project.
- Added About/Credits page
- GUI polish: Application status bar Icon was not set
The most interesting thing is the workflow diagram shown on an empty project, it contains name of project and zeros. This thing must not happen and i think my next task will be to look how Workflow diagram works and to add options for adding a new task and new files to project.
Also, i think is a good idea to start learning OpenCL, or from now on, I will be working on some key features, that will require a full understanding of what I’m doing.
That’s all for now, my colleague will tell my next what he managed to do.
Hi, I’m Cosmin Mihai, I am very excited by the idea of using the video card for general purpose, it was a lightning relief for me.
- I managed to implement a find tool with usual options(normal, regex, case sensitivity and search entire project), that also contains a replace tool.
- I extended the highlight feature, it takes the groups of keywords or regex from an xml file and the font color and style(only bold option until now but it is easy to be extended) from another one. This feature is loaded only when it is needed, the next step is to load it in memory when the program starts.
For more technical details check the repository.
There are also things that I didn’t manage to make for the moment, for example drag and drop option, I was surprised by the fact that it is not as easy as I expected.
I also made mistakes, it happened that I cloned the repository in hurry on Windows, I didn’t check if Veaceslav pushed something and when I pushed the repository…It was a little embarrassing.
Overall I can feel the weight of Qt API, even with XML forms it’s a lot of code to be written.
I think it would be nice to see that in a two or three years WHC IDE will be used by programmers, will have extensions maybe for CUDA and so on…
Until now it was a good experience for me.
All the best, see you next time.