My RSoC experience at Wyliodrin is getting better every day. We just walked into the last month of the school program and I am glad to share with you my recently hot accomplishments.
In the last post I have told you how I took care about the Analog I/O part, what technologies I used and the difficulties that popped up.
Since then, first of all I had to do some code refactoring and redesigned the table that keeps information about the pins on udoo. I tested again all features available until that moment, too.
Secondly, I focused on the Servo part. Servo allows the users to control their servomotors. Due to the special architecture present on udoo with two processors, an Arduino-compatible one and an iMx6, the existent Servo library on libwyliodrin is not compatible and I used firmata protocol again to make Servo work. I implemented two functions, servo_attach() and servo_write().
Also, I took care of the I2C serial computer bus and coded all the functions that will allow data to be sent and received using i2c.
You can follow my entire work on Github.
Stay tunned for my next post!
Greetings from IP Workshop and hello again!
This is my second post on the blog since the RSoC 2014 started and I am very excited about how things are going. Me and Matei did some very interesting stuff during this time and learned a lot about our project and I think the way we approach new challenges shows that.
Over the past weeks I managed to deal with the most provocative challenge until now – coding the Analog I/O functions. There are two processors on the UDOO board: Freescale iMx6 and Atmel Sam3x. The problem was that the user has access only to the iMx6 processor and Analog I/O cannot be controlled from there. Therefore, I spent a long time documenting on this topic and I realised how the processors can communicate with each other. I used firmata and serial port to make them work. 
I have also implemented the Time part and some of the Advanced I/O functions that allows you to work with a shift register. I made a few tests and code refactoring, too.
I am looking forward to successfully completing the wiring library coding part. You can find the reference about the wiring library here: .
Right now, I am participating at the IP Workshop  summer school at Tirgu Mures organized by my mentors and I am making the best of it, trying to learn as much as I can. I attend the Internet of Things course. It is a good time to test all the features that I implemented on the UDOO board till now and ask about every vagueness.
Stay tunned for my next post!
This is Razvan Madalin MATEI. There are 5 weeks by now since I have been coding for Wyliodrin. It seems like it’s time for me to write down some reviews.
The most important thing that happened since I got involved in this projects is this nice collaboration between us, also known as the interns (me and Andrei), and the mentors (Ioana and Alex). Me and Andrei always consult each other before starting something, and Ioana and Alex are always there for us when in trouble.
The second most important thing is that I really learned a _lot_ of things this summer. I am responsible for adapting the wiring library for the Beaglebone Black. As an outlandish from the embedded world, I got a pretty harsh time configuring this board and I am pretty proud that I have not burnt even a single led. Yet.
I also did some coding. Till now I implemented the Digital I/O and Time functions. Now I am working on the PWM stuff and Analog I/O. I’ve tried to adapt libmraa to work on the Beaglebone, but the pins are configured and multiplexed differently, there are different table pins hearders, different facilities offered by the kernel. So I took courage and started the implementation from sysfs.
Since I started working on the Wyliodrin project I have kept a task oriented journal and a work stats spreadsheet. Analysing these documents I found out that I am most productive on Thursdays. I advise every intern to do so as both interns and mentors can keep track of work.
I also took initiative and started the Wyliodrin Coding Style Convention. Me and Andrei are constantly updating this document with guidelines for a homogene library. This is our legacy for future interns and coders on libwyliodrin.
Th-th-th-that’s all folks!
My name is Andrei Dinu and this summer I am working at Wyliodrin, which is a service that allows passionate people to program their embedded devices remotly using a browser or visual programming. 
Since now, Wyliodrin supports only RaspberryPi and Arduino Galileo boards. My main goal these months is to extend libwyliodrin in order to be functional on the UDOO board. Also, I would like to develop some new features for the RaspberryPi board.
I spent the first two weeks heavily documenting on the topic of RaspberryPi, UDOO and a professional tool designed to build, test and package software. I did not know almost anything about embedded systems, but I was enthusiastic. I installed all the required libraries, setup both boards, tried to understand the code and found a few bugs that I managed to solve.
At the beggining of the last two weeks, I made a script that indicates which version of RPi you have and tried to implement some new functions. I left for the moment RPi and now I am taking care of UDOO. I designed the pin table associated with the board and implemented almost all the gpio configuration functions. Tested them, too.
I am currently working on the wiring library . I coded the Digital I/O part. Next step is the Analog I/O part which is different from other boards and a little bit tricky. You can follow my work on github, udoo branch. 
Stay tunned for the next post!